Re: [cp-patches] Updated: crypto merge patch

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 02:53, Casey Marshall wrote:

> Mark> First javax/net/ssl/HandshakeCompletedEvent.java and
> Mark> javax/net/ssl/SSLSession.java use
> Mark> javax.security.cert.X509Certificate. I don't know if we even
> Mark> want to provide the javax.security.cert package since it is
> Mark> obviously not needed by anyone (or is it?)
>
> I would not be surprised if there is code that uses that package, and
> won't be (or can't be) updated. I think including it (since it's
> already done and complete) is the safest thing to do.
>
> Also, none of these classes are actually marked as deprecated. Sun
> just includes a warning that people should use java.security.cert
> instead. It's more green in japitools, too ;)

O, more green in japitool! Yes, lets include it then.
Yes, I see the point, and it looks like even though this is a bit of
code duplication the implementation is so minimal that it will need not
much (any) maintenance at all.
But I still think our own code (HandshakeCompletedEvent and SSLSession)
should use java.security.cert directly and not javax.security.cert.

Cheers,

Mark