Re: Possible hash synchronization bug exposed by AWT?

I have come up with a test case that reproduces the bug consistently on multi-threading and multiprocessor systems (both x86 and PPC) - I've posted it under the bug report at http://gcc.gnu.org/PR16662

It does seem that the bug only occurs on MP/MT systems.

Jacob Gladish wrote:

Oh... I forgot. This code is running on both dual p3 and dual p4
machines. The p4's have hyperthreading disabled.

-----Original Message----- From: java-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:java-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On Behalf Of Jacob Gladish Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 9:58 AM To: 'Bryce McKinlay' Cc: hans.boehm@hp.com; java@gcc.gnu.org Subject: RE: Possible hash synchronization bug exposed by AWT?

I have been unable to repro the IllegalMonitorStateException. The test
case I sent out that that revealed the deadlock in the hash sync was
what I used to do the timing experiment. I was slightly modified to
track timing. Now that I think about it, the runtime was built with a
hash sync table size of 1. This may have been the cause of the slowness.

Yes, quite possibly.

Regards

Bryce