Re: Compiling Java with Eclipse [was: Converting GCC to compilation with C++]

Per> * The CPL is not GPL-compatible.  I don't see the Eclipse license
Per> mentioned at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html, but a quick
Per> glance indicates it isn't GPL-incompatible, and it doesn't appear to
Per> be possible to fix it.

Is there a typo in there?  I can't tell.  Anyway, the Eclipse compiler
is under the Common Public License v1.0, which is mentioned on that
page (about halfway down) and which is definitely not compatible with
the GPL.  So linking it in is out of the question.

Per> Strictly speaking, the license doesn't have to get GPL-comptiable it
Per> we just use the compiler as a independent pre-processor, but that's
Per> not a good solution, and I doubt the FSF would go for it.

Yeah, I doubt it too.