Re: odd gcj/swt directory launch difficulty

After further trial-and-error tests, I've found that the program won't run so long as the directory that houses it has between 8 and 10 alphanumeric characters, inclusive.

Is this normal behavior, or somehow peculiar to my system? The upside

Sorry I never responded to your previous email.

Could you reproduce this with a small testcase? (Perhaps the ResourceAsStream
testcase in my 3.5 build would work.)

Thanks.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/

The error seems rather specialized, to the point that a change in unreachable code can make the error disappear. For example, if I delete some code after a System.exit(0) call, the program may no longer crash.

In other words, a simple testcase has eluded me, and I suspect that the problem has to do with some timing issue. My original program consistently crashes under the originally stated conditions, sometimes with and sometimes without a stack trace (pointing to c:\data1\gcc\gcc\gcc\libgcc2.c), while my derivatives of the program for testing also crash or work consistently, though under different conditions.

One consistency that makes my day is that the error seems pleasantly absent under the thisiscool-gcc-3.5 builds. I suppose the problem is too elusive and irrelevant to warrant further attention, perhaps unless it rears its ugly head in a future build.

Thanks for your time, and thanks, Mohan, for the gcj builds.

-David