Re: Statitic object for swtsrc-win32_3.0

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:00:27 +0200, Juan Velasco <jrv@shih.be> wrote:
> Thanks but I looked at it a long time already and it has never worked
> for me.
> It doesn't give me the impression of being good.
> Anyways I checked a last time yesterday and tried to build some swt apps
> with it but,
> I could not build an executable. So I give up, it makes me loose time
> and learn nothing.

You could have posted the problems you faced either here
on the list or to Mohan. Or you could have investigated a
bit more to see why stuff wasn't working the way you expected
it to. If we don't report the problems that we face with such
software, how can we expect it to improve to meet our
expectations?

> Besides I did not like that it integrates Swingwt, my tests tell me
> that it's way to immature (even runing with a jvm). I take it as a bad
> decision.

That's somewhat orthogonal - AFAICT, it's purely optional.
You are free to use whatever libraries you want to use it with.

Of course, you are also free to build your own toolset from
the sources.

Mohan's package is just for those who don't want to bother
(or don't have the skills to) but want to check out GCJ for
themselves on Windows.

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/