[Fwd: Re: Statitic object for swtsrc-win32_3.0]

fyi (sorry I forgot to cc)
--- Begin Message --- Thanks but I looked at it a long time already and it has never worked for me.
It doesn't give me the impression of being good.
Anyways I checked a last time yesterday and tried to build some swt apps with it but,
I could not build an executable. So I give up, it makes me loose time and learn nothing.
Besides I did not like that it integrates Swingwt, my tests tell me
that it's way to immature (even runing with a jvm). I take it as a bad decision.

I decided to do it all from scratch following the advice of Kirk Vogen,
who I like because of his pedagogics skills, his conservative attitude, and his well
explained article. And I loved his clear ant scripts that let you build swt for every
platform (worked on windows and debian linux, I could not make it work on freebsd,
yet...)

I just had to modify 3 lines to compile the last version of the swt source on windows,
the one that comes with swt-win32-3063.dll. One file could not compile directly
from the source (GC.java), but it did compile from the java bytecode after applying javac .
I have no clue why this strange behavior happens. I used gcj over the bytecode for
that class to create the static library.

With that workaround suggested by Kirk it generated a library that I could link to my program
and get the native version running.

Mohan Embar kindly provides pre-built GCJ for Windows binaries
on his page:

http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm

Check it out - he even has binaries from the current
mainline GCC (to be 3.5.0) CVS.

Ranjit.