swing trail tests, swing status updates

hi,

I've just committed a couple changes to the java-gui-branch which enable the following exciting screenshot:

http://people.redhat.com/graydon/free-swing-jun-29-2004.png

perhaps more interesting for near-term work, I have also put together some scripts which set up a simple testing environment using the sun swing tutorial trail. the scripts do not include nor redistribute any sun code; rather they fetch the demo trails to your local system, from sun.com, and build from there.

I've put this stuff in a tarball, if you want to play with it. it's a little rough, to be sure. but it does help demonstrate what "real" swing apps do, rather than the ones we put together on our own (compensating for our own missing features). there's a README file in the tarball explaining how to run it.

http://people.redhat.com/graydon/swing-demos-1.0.tar.gz

-graydon