Re: does somebody work on JSpinner and friends?

Am Di, den 29.06.2004 schrieb Robin Rawson-Tetley um 11:34:
> > The other point is, I don't know, if Classpath can accept this code,
> > since they normally only take code from people who signed their
> > copyright agreement (I'm also still in the paperwork process).
>
> Well, the offer's there anyway. It has all the models and it represents
> a pretty much complete implementation (or at least a good starting point
> if I've missed anything). I'm willing to sign copyright of it (and
> any other bits) over to the FSF if necessary.

You will have to contact the GNU staff for that. Maybe someone on the
list can point you to the right place. I think, this could be useful.
Maybe we could use some more (now SWT-dependend) classes in classpath.
There should be some more of them.

> I have to say this licensing stuff is getting on my nerves now. Isn't
> the point of free software that we all share and stop duplicating
> effort?

My opinion. GNU/FSF is somewhat paranoid about that. But that's ok, IMO,
since they play with big corporates and have to make sure that their
code is free and clean-room.

/Roman