Re: GCJ's URLClassloader and 'core' protocol

Mohan> That approach won't currently work on Windows.

IMO we really need someone to fix things so we can build a .dll on
Windows.  For the GC parts, this may also imply tightening CNI a bit
so that roots must be explicitly registered (or whatever, see the many
discussions on this topic).  There's just no way we're going to make
static linking work reliably, it is too far from the java model, IMO.

Mohan> Here's a hare-brained brainstorm which might not be based in
Mohan> reality - I don't know whether this will work in real life:
Mohan> - compile the classe(s) in question into .class files
Mohan> - compile the .class files into the executable as
Mohan> <i>resources</i> rather than executable code

Yes, I think this will work just fine.  I haven't tried this but it
shouldn't require any changes to libgcj at all.