Re: Error: Non-static method overrides static method

Florian> FrameworkFactory.java: In class `FrameworkFactory':
Florian> In method `FrameworkFactory.getFramework()':
Florian>  error: non-static method 'getLoggingName()' overrides static method

Florian> I cannot see what is wrong, because most of the time, the method
Florian> specified is not inherited and does not exist in parent classes.
Florian> Can you help me ?

My first guess would be that gcj has an access protection bug, and
thinks that an inaccessible static method will clash with a
newly-defined non-static method.  However, like everybody else said, a
small test case is the best thing.  This is one place to start looking
though.