Re: Error: Non-static method overrides static method

> >I've noticed this too and forgot to report it (instead, I just patched
> the offending source). It occurs in compiling the Mozilla integration of
> SWT 3.0Mx
>
> What changes did you do to make it compile ?

I renamed the method so it didn't conflict with the static method in the
base class any more!

> Is there any chance to get that fixed quickly ?

I'm not a GCJ developer I'm afraid - just a fan :-)

Not that I'm any kind of expert, but I'm guessing that since GCJ
pre-processes Java to C++, it's likely to be a constraint of the C++
compiler (the static/member method conflict) and it will be tough to fix.

> I want to notice that as I said in my first mail, it does not appear
> that the method on which the error append be present in the parent
> classe. I do not know why there is this error. How is it possible ?

Must be in there somewhere!

Cheers,

Rob

Robin Rawson-Tetley