Re: Error: Non-static method overrides static method

> FrameworkFactory.java: In class `FrameworkFactory':
> In method `FrameworkFactory.getFramework()':
> error: non-static method 'getLoggingName()' overrides static method

I've noticed this too and forgot to report it (instead, I just patched
the offending source). It occurs in compiling the Mozilla integration of
SWT 3.0Mx

It seems that GCJ barfs if a subclass redeclares a method with the same
name as a static method in the base class. Under regular javac, this is
allowed and is no problem (since you have to call the methods in two
different ways).

Cheers,

Rob

Robin Rawson-Tetley