Re: Patch to allow Ada to work with tree-ssa

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Richard Kenner wrote:

> Indeed a number of things I did might have had the effect of changing
> the order in which subtrees are gimplified.  Since I didn't think that
> anything depended on that, I didn't pay that much attention to the issue.
> If there are places that do depend on that, can you identify them so
> that comments can be placed in gimplify.c saying what's order-dependent.

We have a flag (flag_evaluation_order) for languages to say whether the
order of evaluation of subexpressions matters (effectively creating two
dialects of GENERIC).  Java sets this flag, and it should be followed.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)