Re: gcj/SWT gc() and memory

Heitzso wrote:

I googled on GC_set_max_heap_size() and I didn't find
usage documentation for calling that function from within
a Java program.  I found lots of .h files with the function
signature on the internet but no usage documentation.

Is there a 'howto' doc that covers setting memory constraints
similar to -Xms, -Xmx, and other gcj gc settings in the context
of gcj?

At this time, we don't have a standard way to specify java-style VM options for things like maximum heap size. I would like GCJ to provide a way to compile such options into your application, and also permit them to be overridden them at runtime. This will involve unifying the options processing code so that compiled application start-up uses the same code as the invocation APIs and gij.

Regards

Bryce