RE: gcj/SWT gc() and memory

You are observing the large heap size under Windows?  Or also
under Linux?

If it's under Windows, you might be running into a known issue
with the collector scanning graphics memory for roots.  You
can get more information about what's going on by either calling
GC_dump() explicitly, or by running the executable with
the GC_DUMP_REGULARLY environment variable defined.  Especially the
latter will produce huge volumes of output.  You are really interested
in its description of the root set after the heap has grown.

Hans