Re: Classpath code and licensing

Robin Rawson-Tetley wrote:

Still, I have to wonder - who is going to complain? If I distribute and
say "My code is LGPL, and here's SWT (which is CPL) to save you mucking
about and downloading it", what's the legal position? I wouldn't have
thought anyone would sue me (but I guess you never can tell).

I assume that all copyright holders on the works that are combined would in theory be able to sue if the combination violated the respective distribution terms. Whether they would is a different question, but relying on the eternal goodwill of corporations seems like a bad long term strategy these days :)

In any case, you could definitiely make a good case for making GPL and CPL compatible to the relevant institutions with your work and encourage them to do so.

cheers,
dalibor topic