Interpreter/libffi ARM Porting

Hello,

I am working on a port to ARM/Xscale of the gcj interpreter.  We have
written the required "ffi closures" for ARM and we have the intepreter
working - at least partially.

We are having trouble with interpreter exception handling though.  And I
am wondering if our problems are because something is missing in our
"sysv.S" for our ARM implementation.

The x86 version of sysv.S has this block of code at the end of
src/x86/sysv.S:

.section        .eh_frame,"aw",@progbits
__FRAME_BEGIN__:
        .4byte  .LLCIE1
.LSCIE1:
        .4byte  0x0
        .byte   0x1
        .byte   0x0
        .byte   0x1
        .byte   0x7c
        .byte   0x8
        .byte   0xc
        .byte   0x4
        .byte   0x4
        .byte   0x88
        .byte   0x1
        .align 4
.LECIE1:
        .set    .LLCIE1,.LECIE1-.LSCIE1
        .4byte  .LLFDE1
.LSFDE1:
        .4byte  .LSFDE1-__FRAME_BEGIN__
        .4byte  .LFB1
        .4byte  .LFE1-.LFB1
        .byte   0x4
        .4byte  .LCFI0-.LFB1
        .byte   0xe
        .byte   0x8
        .byte   0x85
        .byte   0x2
        .byte   0x4
        .4byte  .LCFI1-.LCFI0
        .byte   0xd
        .byte   0x5
        .align 4
.LEFDE1:
        .set    .LLFDE1,.LEFDE1-.LSFDE1

What does this do?  Is it related to exception handling in some way?  Do
we need to have the equivalent thing in our ARM implementation?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated