Updating libjava configury?

Tom Tromey wrote:

> libjava is in a weird situation again.  The released versions of
> automake generate a Makefile.in that is much too large to be seriously
> considered.  We've got a fix for this, but I think it won't show up
> until 1.9 :-(

But if you tried using 1.8, this means that in the meanwhile you can update to Autoconf 2.59. This is good because it would leave only the toplevel using 2.13. (*)

Can you in the meanwhile update the configure script? Just as a remainder, this also includes renaming to configure.ac, updating contrib/gcc_update, and updating gcc/doc/install.texi).

Paolo

(*) ... and updating it may severely damage minds because of the crossconfiguration changes in Autoconf 2.5x.