Re: Why Does "java_global_trees" Exist?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:45:51 -0400, Bryce McKinlay <mckinlay@redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
> Yeah, this is a leftover from earlier incarnations of GCC's garbage
> collector. These days we can use GTY markers to easily register roots,
> so the java_global_trees stuff could be removed. I've found it annoying
> in the past too, so I vote to get rid of it.

Actually *everyone* (but Ada/Fortran) seems to have "global_trees"
structures - I've found "global_trees", "c_global_trees",
"cp_global_trees" and "objc_global_trees", apart from
"java_global_trees".

Maybe it's better this way to reduce the roots set
exposed to the GCC garbage collector.

~shrug~

Ranjit.