Classpath code and licensing

Hi list,

One of my contributors is working on part of the Java2D implementation
for SwingWT. He was looking through the classpath sources and said there
was a lot of stuff he could reuse (AffineTransform, that kind of stuff),
so what I wanted to know is:

1. SwingWT is LGPL, are the licenses still compatible?
2. If not, could we reuse the code and still distribute those source
   files as GPL still?
3. Do we need to obtain anyone's permission? (I'm thinking not but just
   making sure - I assume the FSF is the copyright holder?)

If it's no go, then we'll carry on with our own implementation, but it
seems silly to reinvent the wheel when there's other free code already out
there.

Cheers,

Rob

Robin Rawson-Tetley