Re: XML API for object import/export?

Paul Gear <paul@gear.dyndns.org> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> Thanks for all your helpful answers to my questions so far.  I have one
> more area that's really confusing me at the moment: XML.  Apologies if
> this is off-topic.
>
> I'd like to be able to import and export some specific classes in my
> application via XML.  I don't necessarily need this for generalised
> serialisation (although that wouldn't be a bad thing), but as a way of
> getting objects into & out of my system.
>
> The number of options that sit in the intersection of Java and XML seems
> to me to be enormous: SAX, DOM, JAXB, JAXP, Xerces, JDOM, dom4j, etc.

[...]

To parse xml files, you can use GNUJAXP:
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaxp/
(get it via cvs, the release is out dated)

Cheers,

--
Arnaud Vandyck

There are 3 types of guys -- the ones who hate nerds (all nerds, that
is; girls aren't let off the hook); the ones who are scared off by girls
who are slightly more intelligent than average; and the guys who are
also somewhat more intelligent than average, but are so shy that they
can't put 2 words together when they're within 20 feet of a girl.
		-- Vikki Roemer on debian-curiosa