Re: How to overcome MissingResourceException (gnu.java.locale.Calendar)

João> It seems that we can replace the previous line simply by:
João> private static Class _c = false ? gnu.java.locale.Calendar.class : null;
João> And it will still do the trick for gcj. But I do not know if this one
João> shall stand true for the upcoming versions of gcj...

Don't rely on this working.  I'm a bit surprised it works now --
I would expect the dead code to be eliminated.  It may break if you
compile with optimization.