Re: How to overcome MissingResourceException (gnu.java.locale.Calendar)

Martin> //    private static Class _c = gnu.java.locale.Calendar.class;
Martin> (after uncommenting the Class-statement)
Martin> Is there a difference between building .java->.o and
Martin> .java->.class->.o?
Yes.  There is no way to directly represent "foo.class" in Java
bytecode.  Instead Java compilers generate a synthetic method that
uses Class.forName() to find the class.  This means that when you
compile the .class to .o, you no longer have a direct reference to the
symbol.
Ohhh...

I don't think you said what platform you're on.  If you can I highly
recommend using dynamic linking instead of static linking.  That will
fix all these difficulties.
Well, the final target will be a PPC405 running Linux, but in the transition phase between using IBM's J9 and GCJ, I'm compiling on Windows/Cygwin... But maybe that's not a good idea...

Regards,
 Martin