Re: PowerPC cross-compile build problem

> On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 09:44, Mark.Easterbrook@telsis.co.uk wrote:
>> I have hit a problem trying to cross-compile the GNU Java compiler for
a powerpc target.
> [...]
>
> Unless you do cross-compiling yourself for self-education purposes I'd
suggest using

>   http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/
>
> Dan Kegel has done a real good work writing a set of scripts (and
patches!) making building cross-compilers a rather easy job.

> Do not forget to enable building gcj by adding "java" to the
> --enable-languages option in crosstool.sh ...
>
> Best regards,
> Tom

Thanks for the suggestion, however
I already have a cross-compile environment (created by others
for a previous project). I just want to add java to it.
I have just added java to the --enable-languages and it now
fails to build for the reasons given.
Moving to a new/different cross-compile environment is not an option.

Thomas Aeby, Kirchweg 40, 1735 Giffers, Switzerland, Voice : (+41)26
4180040
> Internet: aeby@graeff.com                           PGP public key
available
A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody
wants to read.

--
Mark Easterbrook CEng
Consultant Engineer