Re: Strange, elusive bug in boolean return values with latest fetch from cvs

Scott> Does anybody know of a bug injected since about mid-March which
Scott> might cause this sort of problem, or how to characterize and/or
Scott> diagnose it so I can report it properly?

Among other things, the tree-ssa branch was merged to mainline since
then.  So, many things have changed.

Simplest for us would be if you made a small self-contained program
which we could run which prints a clearly incorrect result.

I tried a simple program with a recent-ish cvs head and couldn't
reproduce.  This program prints "true" as expected.

public class t
{
  public boolean T = true;

  t group;

  public static final boolean isSelected (t arg)
  {
    return arg.T;
  }

  public final boolean isSelected()
  {
    return group == null ? false : group.isSelected (this);
  }

  public static void main(String[] args)
  {
    t z = new t();