Re: GCJ Wiki

Dalibor Topic wrote:

One negative point about wikis is that they are worthless if you are offline.

Do some wikis allow "create a static snapshot of the wiki"?

Best would be a wiki that's just a friendly user interface on top of a checked-out CVS source.

I.e. the "real" Wiki data is in CVS (or Subversion). You can run the Wiki software anywhere that has the checked-out source tree - on gcc.gnu.org, or your off-line laptop. When you edit a page, it does a cvs check-in. A server-side script makes sure to update the checked-out tree on gcc.gnu.org. Alternatively, when a page is accessed, it first
does a cvs update, if you're online (which gcc.gnu.or always would be).

I don't know if any Wiki works like this.
--
	--Per Bothner