Re: GCJ Wiki

Christopher Marshall wrote:
--- Ranjit Mathew <rmathew@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

   This topic has been brought up here before and there
seemed a lot of interest in such an endeavour. Today I
found out that Wikipedia has an entry for GCJ:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCJ

This looks like a perfect place to host the Wiki.
What do you guys think? Anyone interested in fleshing
this out? (I did not create this entry BTW, but I did
make minor modifications to it.)

Wikipedia seems to be under the GNU FDL, so that part
should also be quite OK.

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA. Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/

Fleshing out what's there is a great idea.

I would think, though, that wikipedia's policy would prevent a lot of how-to information being
assembled through its web pages.

What about using the wiki at linuxquestions.org? Here's the link:

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/

Chris Marshall

It would feel like a bit of abuse of wikipaedia if everyone started to host their development wikis over there. :) There is little encyclopaedic value in 'RunningAntWithGcj' entries ;)

One negative point about wikis is that they are worthless if you are offline. So maybe creating a 'Mortals' Guide to Gcj' document in the gcj CVS where someone extracts frequently published information from the mailing lists into a comprehensible form, would be nice. It could accompany the wiki, of course :)

No, I don't volunteer, I've got my hands full with Kaffe ...

cheers,
dalibor topic