Re: Default XML-parser implementation?

Michael Koch wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2004 14:15 schrieb Martin Egholm Nielsen:

I've been browsing around the archives for this subject, but I
don't seem to be able to find the answer.
Browsing the libgcj.jar archive I've noticed that the
"javax.xml.*" packages are not present, so I cannot use the

Have you looked at lib-org-w3c-dom.* and lib-org-xml-sax.* in the $GCC/lib folder? (Assuming mainline or perhaps GCC 3.4.0.) I admit that I don't see a JAR for these, but the native libraries are there.

These classes are included in libgcj-$version.jar.

So why are these packages present in separate libraries, then? None of the other packages are...

To allow usage of these parts natively compile from outside of libgcj and because of license reasons I think.

With the new BC-ABI this will hopefully don't matter anymore.

They provide the implementations for the org.xml.sax and
org.w3c.dom packages. They are included in GNU jaxp too. The
important parts in javax.xml parts where never merged from GNU
jaxp because of copyright reasons and bloat issues (1).

But there is no xmlreader implementation in there - only implementation of the factory-classes, right?

I think so, yes.

The default parser is Aelfred, included in GNU JAXP. I'd assume that it is in GCJ too, since GCJ imported GNU JAXP wholesale, I believe.

cheers,
dalibor topic