Re: Default XML-parser implementation?

I've been browsing around the archives for this subject, but I
don't seem to be able to find the answer.
Browsing the libgcj.jar archive I've noticed that the "javax.xml.*"
packages are not present, so I cannot use the
"javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory" class.
So I turned to the "org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory"-class
instead (which I noticed was in jar-archive).
It compiles fine, however, when I try to execute I get the error:
Exception in thread "main" org.xml.sax.SAXException: Can't create
default XMLReader; is system property org.xml.sax.driver set?
And to that question I have to admit: No!
Therefore I ask: Is there an implementation available, or need I
turn to e.g. Xerces?
I think our preferred implementation is GNU jaxp (part of classpathx project on savannah.gnu.org).
But it's not shipped with any implementation?

Thanks,
 Martin