Re: XML API for object import/export?

Paul Gear wrote:
> The number of options that sit in the intersection of Java and XML seems
> to me to be enormous: SAX, DOM, JAXB, JAXP, Xerces, JDOM, dom4j, etc.
>
> My question is: what is the most appropriate API which:
>
> - will enable me to parse an XML file and create Java objects from the
> results
>
> - is simple (preferably)
>
> - is well-supported under GCJ
>
> - is the "right direction" to go in terms of standards, and where GCJ is
> likely to head in the future
> Can anyone offer some guidance in this department?

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your suggestions so far.  I don't think any of those i've
received so far will be the most appropriate for my project, but i did
find this on the rhug site:
	http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/

This seems to be an appropriate mechanism for reading in objects.  Has
anyone on the list used it with GCJ?  If so, can you comment on its
suitability given my above criteria?  Also, what would be the equivalent
facility for writing objects as XML?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net
--
Think context!  Using accepted quoting conventions makes
your email easier to understand.  Learn how at