gdb issues + how to upgrade gcj version for cross compilation

If I wish to upgrade to the latest version of GCJ, do I have to rebuild all of GCC, or only part of it? I have a cross compilation chain set up for my target platform. This chain uses GCC 3.2.3. Using GCJ 3.4.0 seems to solve with GDB, but to use it for the target platform, do I have to rebuild the entire gcc toolchain?

ladimir Leven wrote:

Using GCJ (3.2.2) If I do the following in a loop:

while (true) {
   byte[] bytes = new byte[1024];
   //do some unrelated stuff
   bytes = null;
}

Will the array be allocated each time the loop runs or will the compiler remove it because it is not used in the method? What about if it is a public instance variable?

Thanks,

Vlad