Re: gcj executable size reduction?

Adam Megacz wrote:

plus a -lgij to enable compiling a static executable.

Hrm, I don't understand what this does.  I just leave the interpreter
out altogether.

That's a way to pass -verbose:class (or any other gij) flag to a compiled application. (You can also select which class's "main" method you want to execute, set properties with -D flas, etc). The application can be statically linked; it just uses gij.o as the startup (C-level) main function, instead of having to specify a class with a --main flag. I.e.

gcj -o Foo.exe Foo.java ... --main=Foo
./Foo.exe args ...

does the same as:

gcj -o Foo.exe Foo.java ... -lgij
./Foo.exe [options] Foo args ...

However, the latter allows you to specify [options] - for example
the new -verbose:class.
--
	--Per Bothner