Re: Using Java objects from C++

Dave Menendez wrote:

Would I simply have a structure which could contain, among other things,
one or more Java pointers, and instead of using malloc, I would use
GC_malloc_uncollectable? Then I assume when I'm done with the struct, I
just call GC_free with the struct's address, and I don't have to do
anything specific with the Java pointers themselves (they'll get
collected later if no other references are found by the GC).

Thats right.

And a final question I have is how I get access to
GC_malloc_uncollectable and GC_free. I see they are macros in
boehm-gc/include/gc.h, but the boehm-gc header files were not installed
with the rest of GCC. Did I configure GCC incorrectly?

We don't install that header - the functions in gc.h arn't a public interface for libjava, so you're going through the "back door" if you rely on the GC_* functions. You'll have to install the header by hand or perhaps just inline the GC_malloc_uncollectable/GC_free declaration into your code.

Regards

Bryce