Re: statically linking with gij.o

Tom Tromey wrote:

Couldn't we make a `libgij' that the user can optionally link in?
ISTR that the old `-ll' lex library had a main() in it.

That should work. I was thinking you'd also have to use a -u flag to force main to be linked, but main is already required, so presumably just adding -lgij to the linker command line would work.

Still on the to-do list is pushing some of the gij command-line
functionality into the invocation API,

I was thinking of adding something like:

int JvProcessJavaArgs (int argc, char *argv)

which processes options, and returns the index of the
first non-option.

Then gij.cc reduces to a call to JvProcessJavaArgs followed
by _Jv_RunMain.

> and also adding whatever
> options from `java' we're still missing.

I specifically want to add -verbose:class - though I've been looking
at java.util.logging to see how they might/should interact.
--
	--Per Bothner