Re: gcj executable size reduction?

Jeff Sturm wrote:

Unfortunately, the otherwise static and read-only DWARF2 EH info
contains a reference to the global function __gcj_personality_v0 in
every CIE entry. That requires a runtime relocation so its probably why
the EH info ends up in a writable section.

Unless I am mistaken, in recent gcc builds .eh_frame *is* mapped to a
readonly segment. The personality routine uses a pcrel encoding which
does not need relocation.

Thanks for clearing this up - I must have been looking at non-PIC output. Still, I wonder why the GC sees it as a wrtitable section?

Regards

Bryce.