Re: GCJ on mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu

Andrew Haley wrote:

Casey Marshall writes:
> Hi. I'm currently trying to get gcj 3.3.3 up and working on
> mipsel-linux, and have gotten pretty far by patching the 3.3.3 release
> with the diffs listed here:
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2003-10/msg00902.html>

I don't think those patches were for 3.3; I thought they were for
mainline (now 3.5ish.)

> But I've caught a few snags. My first question is whether or not there
> are any other patches that I should try incorporating besides those in
> the above URL.

I think David was just about all finished with the MIPS stuff.  I
remember someone (RTH, probably) suggesting a small change to his
MD_FALLBACK_FRAME_STAT_FOR, but that was it.

That is correct. There are several problems with the current MD_FALLBACK_FRAME_STATE_FOR.

1) I think that the current definition of SIGNAL_UNWIND_RETURN_COLUMN should be changed as I think it currently resides in the slot of a real register (not sure about this though).

2) It probably does not do the right thing WRT floating point registers. But with respect to libgcj, the signal handler does not use floating point,so it works.

David Daney.