help with gcj for embedded platform

Hello,

I am trying to do a proof of concept that Java applications written with gcj can run on our embedded platform (Linux on Motoroal 855 with 16MB Ram total and about 3 MB allocated for Java environment + application). The default size of the gcj-3.3.3 libgcj.so is very large. Can someone help me with this matter or trimming the size of the shared library for use on an embedded platform?

Vlad