Re: unused constant pool entries

>> Static numeric array initializers are much more efficient in source
>> code.

Adam> Right, that's one of the incredibly annoying limitations of the class
Adam> file format.

One of the Jalapeno papers talks about recognizing this situation and
emitting more efficient initializers.  We could do that in gcj as
well.  I don't think there's a PR for this, feel free to file one if
you like.

>> There's probably more.

Adam> Okay, let me know if you can think of any.

`foo.class' is less efficient when compiling from .class.
This will probably change with 1.5, as I believe they are extending
the jvm to allow ldc of a class constant.  Recognizing and fixing
this in gcj would be possible, but tricky.