Re: Some questions regarding contributing

"Gueven Bay" <guevenbay@web.de> schrieb am 17.02.04 14:34:19:
Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your (very short) answers.

Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> schrieb am 17.02.04 14:00:29:
> That's right. In fact, if you have read Sun's source we can't accept
> any patches from you.

No, I haven't done that. Because there is no need to look into that archive.

> > c)In the table that shows the diffs of libgcj vs Classpath what
> > does the "VM-specific" and "GCJ-specific" mean? Have I to use some
> > special software to merge Classpath with libgcj or can I do it
> > manually?

> You shouldn't do this merge. We do that.

But what is the way to help you with this merge? And can you please answer the first question under c) ?

> > d) Is there any testsuite that compares the results of libgcj
> > (Classpath) against the results of the Sun JDK - i mean a
> > comparison method by method - ? This should proof that you are
> > implementing the Spec's in the right way.
>
> Yes. There are several. We use Mauve.

 OK, I am going to have a look at Mauve.

> Andrew.

Gueven

Nachrichten, Musik und Spiele schnell und einfach per Quickstart im
WEB.DE Screensaver - Gratis downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110