Re: ClasspathFontPeer allows null transform

Scott Gilbertson wrote:

I'm working on classpathifying the xlib peers so they'll work with the
latest code in cvs.  It's apparently working, but only because of a hack.

great!

ClasspathFontPeer doesn't put anything in its "transform" field when you
construct it with name,style,size.  I therefore get a null pointer exception
in java.awt.Font.equals, which doesn't check for a null transform in either
or both fonts being compared.

oops, sorry.

I guess the possible "proper" approaches are:
 1. make java.awt.Font.equals tolerant of a null transform in either or both
fonts
 2. make java.awt.Font.getTransform so it returns an identity transform if
the peer returns null
 3. change ClasspathFontPeer so it puts an identity transform in
"transform", rather than null

Got a preference?

personally? nothing aside from "whatever is most like what sun does". that's my tie-break rule for everything :)

-graydon