GCJ for ARM

You may wish to have a look at sources.redhat.com/ecos

>- Has someone out there already tried to do something like this?

Work has been done on GCJ and eCos in the past, but if you've only got
<256k ram, then perhaps Java isn't the best choice.

>- Is there an easy way to recompile the arm-elf x-compiler on Cygwin?
>  (I always get very strange errors.)

My impression is that it is *much* easier to build the cross compiler
under Linux.

Take a look at how Mohan does his GCJ for Windows compiler.

Ãyvind