RE: PR 10920 GC reports "too many roots"

I haven't thought about it enough.  I don't think it's trivial, since a lot of
the root sets would need to be added and perhaps allocated during a GC.  GC_scratch_alloc might
still work, but there's some danger that you would make it much less likely to
be able to recover from an out-of-memory condition, since it would then tend to
show up as a failure to allocate the root sets during a GC.  Perhaps we could
overallocate during startup to make it unlikely that the table would need to
expand later on.

I think there really shouldn't be a problem unless/until we end up with a separate
root set per class.  I'll think about better ways to handle that.

Hans