Re: Experimental UNICODE-only MinGW Build

Hi João,

>You still have to have the MS dll for this to work on Win9X.
>And you cannot allow re-distribution of the DLL and can only distribute
>it bundled with your code that should be exclusively for Windows platform...
>In other words: MS forces you to limit your own distribution license and
>bundled code (see Open Office project for details)...

I just ran a couple of executables (GUI and console) linked with
libunicows.a under the latest version of Wine (where I set "Windows" to
"nt40" and "win2k3" in the Wine configuration), and they ran just fine without
unicows.dll. So it looks like unicows.dll is really only required on
Win9X and nowhere else.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/