Re: Using CNI to call compiled java from C++

On Oct 22, 2003, at 6:59 AM, Stephane MILLET wrote:

I'm working on a C++ application and wanted to use Java code in it. To
do that, i've been trying to use CNI functions to call compiled java
code with their gcjh produced headers. I first create the JVM, then
attach the current thread as defined in the manual. Then, when I need a
particular java class instance, i do a new in C++ and use the instance.
But, how and when will this object be deleted ?

If you do a "new" on a Java class from C++, it is allocated using libgcj's garbage collector, not the default C++ allocator. So, it will be deleted when the collector decides it is unreachable, just like any other Java object.

Regards

Bryce.