Re: status of JNI on Mac OS X (darwin)

Geoff Strom wrote:

Has anyone been able to get JNI calls to work on Mac OS X (darwin)?

I'm trying to get a SWT application to work and while GCJ compiles
everything successfully, the application always dies on launch with an
UnsatisfiedLinkException (aka it can't find the swt library).

I'm using GCC 3.3.1 on Jaguar (10.2.8) and I have dlcompat installed.
I've tried using the IBM supplied swt jnilib, I've tried it re-packaged
as a dylib, and I've even tried linking it into my binary as a static .a
library. I've tried setting the LD and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATHs, I've tried
moving the libraries to /usr/lib, all without success.

Regarding the jni tests in libgcj, yes they are working here. Here means a gcc-cvs head aka. gcc-3.4 at the moment.

I have some local tweaks in my tree which I could submit to you.
There are some issues with the libltdl in libjava itself.
These fixes will be go into the main tree as soon as we have the latest libltdl in libjava. Not before.

I'd suggest to take a 3.4 tree since the 3.3.1 tree lacks proper boehm-gc support. Also a lot of fixes and additions are in 3.4.
This is no release compiler yet (will become so in a fe months), but for trial and error....

So, if you're interested, let me know what you need :)

Andreas