Re: Invoke shared gcj binary from JVM?

Daniel Naab wrote:
> Empirically, we've realized noticeable changes compiling with
> JET on Windows, but JET isn't a cross-platform solution.

Excelsior JET 3.5 beta 2 for Linux is available for free download at:
http://www.excelsior-usa.com/jetdlbeta.html
In your case, it should allow you to compile the entire application to
native code.

It's not at the release candidate stage yet, but perhaps it will be released
before gcj fully supports swing.  It may therefore be a good cross-platform
(Windows/i386 linux)choice if you need to deploy existing swing applications
and don't mind commercial software.

There's also http://swingwt.sourceforge.net/, as pointed out about today on
this list, which might let you use gcj.