Re: Call non-compil class...

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:

Andrew> Yes, compile your native code with -fno-assume-compiled.  If it
Andrew> doesn't work, your gcj installation is broken.  We have had some bugs
Andrew> with -fno-assume-compiled, but as far as I'm aware it works fine with
Andrew> current sources.

It does seem to work ok.  However, it is also very fragile.  For
instance, if your .class file changes, then you have to recompile any
classes referring to it, or they might stop working.  In fact, if you
even recompile the .class file with a different java compiler, you
might have to do this (I've spent a day or two tracking down just this
failure mode... sigh).

-fno-assume-compiled is undocumented because we never supported it.
And I think we never should support it.  Once the new ABI is working,
we should remove -fno-assume-compiled.