Re: add iRATE to done with gcj

Hi Taras,

By the way, congratulations on iRATE and its large user base.

>Yes I did beg for Thread.interrupt(). However at the time we needed to
>make a release that would timeout quickly on blocking io.

Can you elaborate on this? The current MinGW Thread.interrupt() doesn't
interruped blocking I/O; neither does Sun's JVM.

>If you are interested, there is another strange bug in gcj that's making
>irate impossible for some people. System.getProperty("user.home")
>returns c:\username at least on some win2k computers instead of the
>C:\documents and settings\whatever\windows\likes.

Is this in bugzilla? (Can't remember - though know I've heard this before.)

>Could you also put up those magnificent crosscompiler build scripts on
>your website? When I have some time, I'd like to rebuild gcj with the
>latest cvs.

Good luck. I'd like to do this too. (I've been getting bootstrapping errors
on jv-convert for several days now where cc1 segfaults.) I'm still trying to
put out a "stable" MinGW 3.4 build. :(

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/