Re: add iRATE to done with gcj

You had mentioned needing Thread.interrupt() on Win32. Were you using this
for interrupting a blocked I/O operation or for something else? Have
you checked this out yet?:

Yes I did beg for Thread.interrupt(). However at the time we needed to make a release that would timeout quickly on blocking io. Broken(lacking) Thread.interrupt gave me such a headache that I worked around with a less pleasing sleep/poll solution.

I guess eventually we'll switch back to using the more proper .interrupt way. I'm just too busy with school to deal with major code changes right now.

Thanks for implementing it by the way. I appreciate it a lot.

If you are interested, there is another strange bug in gcj that's making irate impossible for some people. System.getProperty("user.home") returns c:\username at least on some win2k computers instead of the C:\documents and settings\whatever\windows\likes.

Could you also put up those magnificent crosscompiler build scripts on your website? When I have some time, I'd like to rebuild gcj with the latest cvs.

Thanks, Taras