static linking -> binarie segfaults

Hy,
now as we plan to distribute our nice little application, and we see that most of the people have an older environment as we have, we want to distribute static-builds, but this is where the problem start, the static binaries segfault.

Take this little test:
Test.java:
-------
public class Test {
                Test test = new Test();
                test.run();
        }
        private void run() {
                System.out.println("static testing");
        }
}
-------
compile it with:
$ gcj -v -o test.static --main=Test Test.java -static
and run

$ ./test.static
Segmentation fault

So my very stupid question is: What am i doing wrong?

joerg
--
Jörg Maisenbacher
   "There are only 10 types of people in the world: